The previous owners had apparently never used the showers on board and there were no provisions made to use them. We decided to convert the small forward head to a shower, so a set up that would let us close off all four sides with a shower curtain and a replacement drain in the floor was installed. The existing drain was just a cover in the floor and drained straight down into the bilge. A replacement drain that can have a hose connected to it and a shower sump that would collect the water and pump it overboard would all need to be installed. So Much to do and so little money.
We pulled into the yard one afternoon and there sat the fire extinguisher guy in front of our boat working on someone else’s. Another survey item was the out of date extinguishers including the halon system in the engine compartment. So we conveniently were able to get all of them taken care of. It is funny how things work out.
While we are dealing with all of this we are also trying to get the repairs done on the sailboat that we had to deliver to Beaufort, NC. It made for an interesting week and we found ourselves having to leave with the delivery boat before ours was finished. The yard assured us there would be no problem and they would take the boat back to our slip at Lady’s Island Marina when it was finished. Once the delivery is done and we get back we can begin renovations in earnest.